Skype opens doors to personal change
Skype coaching or therapy sessions anables us to work together, wherever you are.
People come and ‘see’ me from all over the world, so distance is no obstacle to having a helpful conversation. Many of us are already familiar Skype or similar services for talking to friends, family or colleagues, wherever they might be, so it is a natural step to hold therapy sessions in a virtual space in the same way.
Rather than being seen as ‘second best’, surveys with clients show that some people are actually more comfortable using Skype. It can engage people who would never actually take steps to locate a therapist nor visit a consulting room. Convenience is important for busy people, and since we can buy just about anything on-line, why not therapy and coaching too?
Skype therapy doesn’t just appeal to internet-savvy youngsters or busy working people. Doctors are offering Skype counselling services to their patients, universities are doing the same for staff and students. And housebound parents and carers can get help and support without leaving those they care for.
Skype Coaching or Therapy may be ideal for you because it is easy to access, simple to schedule and it means you can ’try before you buy’ with a free session to assess the person you’d be working with. See my Session Terms to find out more about how it works.
Why choose to meet via Skype?
- It is often more convenient to ‘meet’ your therapist in the comfort of your home or office
- It saves time and money because there is no travel with associated costs
- You can choose your coach/therapist, rather than being limited to one that practices near where you live
- Easier access to professional help with shorter or no waiting times
- Email backup between sessions can be included
- A free initial consultation to assess the therapist/coach before committing
- Greater choice; when you remove the limitation of travel many more possibilities become available.