In the workplace it is essential that we listen to and respect the opinions of those around us. However, it is also important to voice our own views with confidence and honesty, especially if they are different from those of our colleagues.
Building Healthy Workplace Relationships looks at effective communication techniques, allowing staff to become empowered in everyday conversations, and to deal with disagreements within the team, while effectively balancing their own needs and requirements with those of their colleagues and the larger organisation.
This one-hour webinar provides attendees with the principles and structures of respectful and effective communication, and gives pointers and exercises to help them to consolidate the learning process.
- Healthy and productive relationships at work
- The skills and habits of effective relationships
- Who controls the conversation?
- The three essential relationship techniques
- How to make communication properly effective
- How to structure your conversations
- How to tackle delicate topics with sensitivity
- Tactics and strategies for repair
- Avoiding the common pitfalls
- Dealing with dissent and disagreement productively
- Small changes that produce big effects
- Steps to working collaborative conversations
- Reading and references.
Recognise the impact of a poor working relationship
Consider typical reasons why relationships go wrong
Be entertained while exploring this neglected topic
Understand how to do effective relationship maintenance
Learn the steps to restoring a damaged working relationship.