Our lives at work and outside of work are closely linked and they can also become mismatched – with work intruding on on home life and vice versa. This can lead to feelings of pressure and the sense that there is never enough time to do things. Work demands begin to dominate and yet productivity falls. Many people start to feel dissatisfied with life at this point.
This talk explains the habits that help balance between what we can achieve at work with the demands and pleasures of our private lives. It provides ideas and strategies that can introduce better work-life habits into our lives. You’ll learn practical exercises and tips to boost resilience, re-energise and keep a healthy perspective. All talks are supported by printed handouts, suggested reading and free weblinks, in case you want to follow the topic further.
- What is work-life balance?
- Five styles of responding
- Myths of the work obsessed
- The cost of poor working practices
- The three keys to balance
- Understanding our rest activity cycle
- What helps work-life balance?
- How to respond; first steps
- Celebrate all your successes.
- The skills and habits of balance
- Small change to start things off
- How to take control
- Focus on areas that are important to YOU.
- Reading and references
Understand the habits that promote balance and wellbeing
Learn five essential work-life practices
Know how to act when things start to get out of kilter
Make the most of personal strengths and resources
Find out how small changes can produce big benefits.