A Workplace Webinar
Retirement can be a daunting prospect for many people. Though it can be seen as a reward for years of hard work, it can also trigger stress, anxiety, and depression. This webinar can help you adapt to the psychological and emotional changes so that you are better prepared to enter your retirement purposeful, in order to thrive in this new phase.
It can sometimes be difficult to envisage how to adjust from the regular routines and the demands of working life to enjoying a more leisurely and fulfilling time. Our increased longevity means that retirement may last 25 years or more This workshop offers an opportunity to explore the personal issues and to help participants prepare and plan for their future.
- Defining retirement, what it means to you, what’s important and what is not important
- What should you be thinking about and doing now?
- How retirement can affect family relationships
- Helping others prepare for your retirement
- Managing your thoughts about the impact on your lifestyle
- Identifying personal resources and skills that will help you achieve the retirement you want
- Managing the change in relationships
- Predictable lifetime changes and transitions
- Setting priorities in retirement.
Seeing retirement as one of Life’s transitions
Understanding psychological and emotional adaptation to change
Preparedness for the psychological and emotional changes that often occur in early retirement
Strengthened personal resources in readiness for retirement.