Retirement can be a daunting prospect for many people. It can sometimes be difficult to envisage how to adjust from the regular routines and the demands of working life to enjoying a more leisurely and fulfilling time. Our increased longevity means that retirement may last 25 years or more, so a little preparation is advisable.
This webinar offers an opportunity to explore the personal issues and to help participants prepare and plan for their future by thinking through some of the key aspects and providing ideas on how to start preparing for a fulfilling retirement .
- Defining retirement, what it means to you
- Transitions as opportunity
- Predictable aspects of change
- Personal expectations about retirement
- Identifying personal resources and skills
- Your post-retirement role
- Five key stages in planning
- Managing the change in relationships
- Predictable lifetime events
- Setting priorities in retirement
- Sources of information and help.
This 60-minute webinar provides a space to think about the transition from active working life to active life after retirement.