There are five key difficult behaviour factors to consider before you attempt to handle a difficult person. If you want successful outcomes you should consider these points before jumping to the conclusion that the person is being deliberately obstructive and ‘difficult’.
This video is part of my course hosted on Udemy, Tactics for Tackling Difficult People in Life and Work. Enjoy the trailer, then check out the full course.
Anyone involved with others – at work or at home – who wants to tackle difficult behaviour more effectively will enjoy this course. It’ll help you successfully settle those difficult interactions that just won’t resolve themselves.
With video demonstrations to support the lectures you’ll quickly learn to handle apparently impossible situations where people just won’t co-operate: bosses, co-workers, customers, patients or members of the public who act in unpleasant, unpredictable ways.
What are the requirements?
- No special materials or prior knowldege, everthing is provided.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Identify the most common kinds of ‘difficult’ behaviour
- Recognise and use the four key skills of self-empowerment when faced with challenging behaviour
- Use their listening and other skills to create an effective communications ‘stance’
- Pre-empt difficult situations and stop them from escalating
- Be able to ‘forward plan’ and employ strategies to counter difficult behaviour
- Avoid the common pitfalls and stay out of self-defeating cycles of response
- Understand the five key difficult behaviour factors that you can control
- Understand how to separate the ‘problem’ from the ‘person’.
- Understand how to separate thoughts from feelings to help gain mastery
- Use key strategies like ASSUME and SALVAGE to take control of difficult interactions
- Plan for more successful outcomes with relationships at work, home and socially.
Who is this course for?
- This course on handling difficult behaviour is suitable for all levels of ability. It is designed to help you face challenging situations wherever they happen, at work, in the home, or socially. It will equip you to handle them with flair and confidence. The course will also help you gain insight into your own reactions, and the self-defeating patterns that people can fall into when confronted by difficult behaviour.