A Workplace Webinar
Courageous conversations are those which centre around topics that are easier to avoid than to discuss. Most of us must have conversations we are apprehensive about. This might be because they involve a sensitive or contentious topic, or soimply because we don’t know how to approach dealing with an issue we are unfamiliar with, like bereavement, or giving bad news, for example. Typically, this results in one of three ways: We avoid having the conversation, or we handle it badly. There is a third way, which is why this webinar is so valuable.
Courageous Conversations has grown out of the need to support managers who must tackle ‘difficult’ topics in a productive, fair and balanced way, and be sure of getting the results they need. This means striking the right note of respectful concern for the employee, personally and professionally, while addressing the job performance or other issues directly.
The purpose of this approach is to enhance managers’ skills so that they can feel and act with greater confidence, set goals for their conversations and respectfully follow-through with staff. Such productive conversations reduce the risk that staff members will feel unheard, misunderstood or under-valued. The aim is to produce more collaborative relationships between managers and employees generally, and in particular where the subject under discussion might otherwise result in confrontation.
- When managers must tackle sensitive issues
- How effective conversations build productive relationships and minimise stress
- One-to-one conversations; assumptions and fears
- Communication in sensitive situations
- The productive use of language
- Planning the meeting and the conversation
- Setting and maintaining boundaries
- Deciding on outcomes and goals
- Listening skills, acknowledgement
- Summarising, framing the response
- Monitoring and follow-through
- Common pitfalls and traps to avoid
- Giving news, ‘good’ or ‘bad’, feedback and comment
- Setting the scene and following through.
Understanding of the importance of one-to-one relationships at work
Skillfulness in a framework for safe and effective conversations
Greater confidence when tackling sensitive issues or difficult topics with staff and colleagues
More collaborative working to avoid resistance and improved outcomes
An outcome-oriented structure to improve results.
Help your employees…
…develop the interpersonal and communication skills that ensure workplace unity, harmony and productivity with these webinars.
My webinars are engaging, effective and transformative. If you want a powerful learning experience for your people, contact me below to start our conversation.