I can’t guarantee that the following will change your life. At best it might give pause for thought, at worst you’ll unsubscribe. If a post is a call to action than it would be a result either way, I suppose.
Not that I want you to leave, this is only the start (the blog I mean, not these few lines). I began these posts last year, and I’m grateful for the encouragement and support I’ve received. By “this is only the start” I mean that I’ll soon be publishing a lot of stuff with far more practical outcomes than you’ve seen so far. To keep in touch with events you can sign up to my newsletter. I’ll also share the news with you as it arrives, but that’s not the main purpose of these posts, so it may take a little longer.
In gratitude for the support, and in anticipation of what is to come, here is m thoughtful guide to staying well:
Things to do each day:
- Dance; a little dancing goes a long way
- Breathe easily; however hard it usually is, practice being at one with your breath for a few minutes each day
- Tell someone you love, that you do
- Practice compassion. Do something kind and understanding, especially if you don’t have time/want to
- Review your successes. Never mind the failures, others will remind you of those soon enough.
Things to to each week:
- Look at goats (or any other animals if no goats are available), preferably outside, close enough to smell them, and to interact with them if you know how to do it safely
- Give thanks; take time to acknowledge what you have with a little ritual
- Produce something; use your hands to make something using practical skills
- Walk to work (or somewhere you travel to regularly by another means), the further the better
- Do something you don’t normally dare to do, especially if you think it’ll make you feel uncomfortable or stupid.