This 60 minute Lunch and Learn session is highly engaging and thought-provoking. Based on my ever-successful seminar series, it entertains and empowers attendees at all levels, allowing them an opportunity to reflect on their responses when faced with another’s difficult behaviour, and to become more confident and try out new approaches in future.
Though brief, the session covers the key points for dealing with obstructive or problematic behaviour. It provides over 30 tips and several problem-solving strategies, and discusses commonly encountered difficult situations and ways to handle them. The event is enlivened by the Q & A and case examples throughout.
- What makes people difficult?
- Dealing with people you can’t stand
- Sustaining a working relationship
- Understanding the outcomes you want
- Handling our own emotional responses
- Context, cost and commitment
- The three key skills for any difficult situation
- Systemic vs personal behaviour problems
- How labelling behaviour limits our responses
- Getting the message across
- Separating impact from intent
- Navigating round obstacles
- Tactics for staying on track
- Maintaining dignity and respect
- Keeping cool at all costs
- Dealing with dissent and disagreement
Become more confident in the face of obstructive behaviour
Get better results from uncooperative ‘others’
Identify their own ‘difficult’ behaviour
Improve their relationship skills
Persuade or influence rather than confront
Work with colleagues they find difficult.
Contact me to enquire about booking this Lunch and Learn.
(Content may vary a little as the exact contents will depend on the needs of the group on the day)